Saturday, March 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Jacob




Decided to start the day with a walk along the lake front, it was a beautiful day and we had a great walk. We walked on the berm closest to the water. The first thing we saw was lots of bunnies, there must have been about 10 of them in all different sizes.

Saw lots of birds along the way. A couple of sand hill cranes sitting on nests, wonder when the eggs will hatch, will have to check on them again.

Next stop was Wal-Mart and even though we were only about an hour later then usual it was very busy and the registers had the longest lines I'd seen in a long time. Finally got out of there and went on to the bank and Sonic, no stories from there today.

By the time we got home it was smelling pretty good in the house, had put the fix ins for spaghetti sauce in the crockpot, now I can't wait for dinner.

Really don't know where the day went but the next thing I knew it was time to go get Nikki and Riley to go to Jacobs 7th birthday party. Now I remember, had to replay the whole day in my head, it was those tivoed shows I watch that made the time fly by. Once again I really enjoyed Eli Stone, hope they keep it up.

Went to get Nikki and Riley. Took over the blankets that Kim sent, just got them in the mail today. They are so soft can't wait to play baby burrito and peek-a-boo with Riley using his blanket.

It was quite a houseful for the party and everyone had a good time. That is until I let Oreo out of the house quite on accident, and half the party went to chase him. Oreo decided he was going to go for a swim in the pond and Robert got the worse end of that because he had to carry Oreo back to the house.

There was a very stubborn Sponge Bob pinata that took many, many whacks before the candy came spilling out. Also had a water balloon toss that the kids really enjoyed.

Of course next was the best part, cake from Publix what more could we ask? Almost forgot there was enough pizza for a couple of parties.

Left just before 1800 and took Nikki and Riley home and then I was on my way. Got home and found out that Chris's car is making a funny noise, so he thinks that give him the right to park up in my spot.

Finally got to have the spaghetti for dinner and it was delicious, think we will be having it again for dinner this week.

Got all set to post to my blog, chose the pictures, write up done and go to log on and the internet is down. Do all the stuff they always tell me to do when I call ComCast and it still doesn't work. Leave the room and come back ten minutes later and it is up. There is never a reason for outages on the internet. So here you are you lucky people the excitement of my day to enjoy.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin