Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Who's Birthday Is It Today?


Well I guess the Birthday Boy is Dennis. Have a great one.


Riley was up at his regular time, so we were ready to go for our walk pretty early. That made it a perfect day to head down to the lake front. It was a good thing we did because we ran into GG, Jagee and Luke. They were done with their walk and heading to do errands when they saw us walking, so they pulled over to visit. Talked for a bit and then we were all on our way.

Riley and I walked out on the pier. It was very windy out there. We also got a good look at how rough the water was. Riley really wanted to get closer to the water, probably in it but I told him it was way to cold. Of course that explanation satisfied him completely and we were on our way. By the time we got back to the car we were warming up and the coats came off. Such a beautiful day to be outside.

Got back to the apartment and it was time for snack, always a favorite part of our morning.

Today's toy-of-the-day is his Fisher Price barn and animals. He can identify the animals and brings them to me when I ask. We we have lots of fun with that.

Then we heard someone lock the doors of their car and I glanced out the window (didn't even leave my seat) to see if it was anyone we knew. Well Riley looked at me as if to say, "Well is it Mommy or Daddy". I told him it was no one we knew. For some reason he didn't believe me so he came over and grabbed my hand and took me to the door so we could go outside and be sure it was no one we knew. I pointed out the cars I knew and told him no one we knew had just driven up and this time he was happy. So we went back inside.

Down for his nap at 1130 and today was a very long nap, he didn't get up until 1430. By this time he was very hungry. Ate all his grilled cheese, had two animal crackers and some goldfish. Then we played for the rest of the afternoon.

Got spoiled with Andy getting home early and today he didn't call to say he was on his was until about 1535 or so. I still got home before five so that wasn't to bad.

Edited to Add: Sitting here minding my own business (really Dan had been warning me about this for 5 minutes) when I hear BOOM BOOM and the house shakes and I jump about 10 feet. Never fails to amaze how loud the sonic booms are when the Space Shuttle flies right over the house. The last couple of landings we have heard nothing because of the flight path.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin