Sunday, March 16, 2008

Memory Lane

I really hadn't planned on spending my day scanning in slides but for some reason I picked up one of the boxes and started looking at them and the next thing I knew I had spent about 3 hours scanning and editing about 60 slides. Here are just a few.

This one was taken in December 1986, we were all crowded into Mum and Dad's house for Christmas. We each had a bedroom and Kathi got to go home to Orlando. We had such a good time. This was the trip where everyone was so sure that Andy didn't exist because he was such a good baby and slept all the time.


These two I pulled out a box and said, "Wonder who that kid is?" and when I started looking closely I figured out it was Andy at about 2 - 3 years old and then I realized this is pretty much what Riley is going to look like in another year or so, because he is already on his way. So many things the same.

This is EPCOT in 1985, sure has changed. Hard to believe how much everything has grown up around SpaceShip Earth.


This is from our trip to Niagara Falls, it was taken from the top of the tower on the Canadian side of the falls. I had forgotten that we even had these pictures and there were lots of beautiful one.




These of course are all whirly-gigs from mum and dad's backyard, you must have made hundreds over the course of the years, Dad.

All these pictures just brought back so many memories, and there are so many more that I still have to go through and decide which ones to scan. Just can't do them all.

We did get out for our walk this morning, went the Publix one again. Not much interesting today. Dan took the rest of the day easy, he hurt one of his ribs and he's trying to give it time to heal.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and let me highly recommend getting out some photo albums and looking through them. Always such a good time.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin