Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy Saint Patrick's Day

This lion is at the lake front and I don't know if they decorate him for every holiday or just Saint Patrick's Day but it made me smile when I saw it.

We had a good walk, still pretty breezy but when you turn around and the wind is to your back it gets pretty warm as you are walking. We didn't see anything of interest, it is to late by the time Riley and I make it to the lake front for our walk and we can't go along the berm with the stroller so we miss seeing the sand hill cranes sitting on their nests.

Stopped at WalMart on the way home to pick up a few things and there were quite a few people there, unusual for 0930 on a weekday. At least there were plenty of registers open and we didn't have to wait.


This is Riley favorite book of all time. When he opened his toy chest today it was right on top and he give his little whoooaaa sound and I knew we would be reading it all day and we did. It only has about four pages that actually have words but he likes the way they sound and go together so we read it over and over.

No nap for Riley today, put him down at his now usual time and I thought he had gone to sleep but about a 1/2 hour later I heard him talking in there so I let him go for a while but he just got louder and louder instead of quieter and quieter. So I went in and got him. He had a grilled cheese for lunch and he ate almost all of it.

Pretty boring afternoon although he did spend a lot of time yawning and rubbing his eyes but he sure didn't want to lay down and take a nap. Right before Andy got home, Riley grabbed my hand and lead me into his room and looked longingly at his crib (ok maybe that was wishful thinking) so we did the nap thing and I put him down. I guess he did sleep for a while from what Andy said when he call. Maybe it was just enough so he can start going to bed at his regular time and get back to the way things were before the time change. We'll have to see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They decorate him for almost every holiday. I'm sure bunny ears will be next!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin