Friday, March 28, 2008

Riley was suppose to sleep late today but whenever we think that he is up at his normal time, which he was today. For some reason breakfast took a long time this morning. It was nothing special, a banana and some Ohs cereal. But we were finally ready to head out to WalMart.

Went out to load Riley in the car and what do we see but a wild turkey. Can't believe I didn't have the camera. My hands were full, had just locked the front door and there was no way I would get back inside and get the camera before the turkey disappeared.

Did our Friday morning shopping and then it was off to WW. Just being five minutes later than usual made all the difference in the time it took me to weigh in. Most Fridays we are in and out in five minutes but today I was sixth in line and it took just about 25 minutes. Some lady at the front of the line was signing up for the monthly pass and just wasn't understanding about going home and completing the process at weightwatcher.com. The real problem was she just wasn't listening but finally everything was resolved and the line was moving. At least after all that I had a good week, down a pound (got rid of the pesky pound from last week).

Got home and Riley got to play in his favorite thing, any kind of box. Today it just happened to be the diaper box.


Then he got a bit cranky but I guess it was because he was tired. Went down for his nap at 1000 and went right to sleep. Hasn't gone down that early in a while (at least since last Friday when he fell asleep on the way home from WW, but I'm not counting that).

Riley slept just over two hours and was very funny when he woke up. He was just laying down in the crib and I tickled him and covered him with his blanket and played "Where's Riley". We did this for about 15 minutes and then he was ready to get up.

Had raviolis for lunch and while he was eating Tammy and GG arrived to deliver the crib from Cheri. Also got a bumper pad and a musical fish crib toy. Thank you so much Cheri.

Riley decided he was done eating and wanted to get down and visit with Tammy and GG. He really liked the musical toy and played with it for quite a while.

Riley decided he needed a snack so we went and got a slice of cheese. Came out of the kitchen and Riley was turning around and fell, I think he hit one of the screws on the floor divider between the kitchen and dining area because I went to pick him up and there was blood running down his head. There is a nice little gouge and it is forming a nice goose egg. The bleeding stopped right away. What bother Riley the most was me trying to hold him still so I could see what was going on. He was fine in a few minutes and forgot it even happened. Well, Tammy and GG left shortly after that, enough excitement for one afternoon. Enough for me, too.

Spent the rest of the afternoon playing with the musical crib toy and the farm animals. He just happened to be in my lap when Andy drove up and he got so excited I thought he would fly right off my lap if he could.

Got home and the remote receiver in our fan isn't working so Dan will be changing that out tomorrow. Rest of the night should be pretty quiet.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin