Saturday, March 15, 2008

A Beautiful Saturday in Florida




Started our day with a walk at the lake front. It was a bit more blustery than I was expecting, glad I had my sweater with me. Walked the sidewalk first and then the berm by the water. Lots of bunnies out today, not just near the center parking lot where we usually see them but all along the walk. The sand hill cranes were just sitting on their nests. Not as lucky as Dad to catch them turning their eggs.

No errands to do this morning so we went straight to Sonic for Dan's breakfast and home for my breakfast. One of my favorites, Cheerios and strawberries.

I spent the rest of the morning balancing the checkbook and paying bills. I try hard to remember to print out a statement each month but I seem to forget. Luckily I only had two months to do and I had kept up with entering all my transactions into Money on the computer, sometimes I forget that, too.

Spent some time in my craft room working the never ending year in review album, it really is coming along.

By this time it was time to head over to Andy and Nikki's, we are taking them to lunch for their anniversary. When we got there, they still had their yard sale table set up but the neighborhood seemed pretty quiet. They sold some stuff which was good because that means that stuff is out of the apartment never to return. Got what was left all boxed up for the next time.

Then it was off to Mimi's Cafe for lunch. I expected it to be busier than it was. Even though it was about 1300, I guess that is still early for the weekend. We all had great meals, Riley really enjoyed his mini corn dogs and anything else he could snag from other dishes. None of us ate our full meals, besides being huge serving we knew we were going to have dessert.

Our next stop was BJ's to pick up a few things, most important was pretzels. The huge container we got a couple of weeks ago was almost empty and I would hate to run out.

Dropped off Andy, Nikki and Riley, I bet there were a couple of naps taken in that house.

We got home and the race was just getting ready to start because of a rain delay. Just after half the race was completed the race was red flagged for rain again and I don't know what the status is right now. They are racing in Bristol, TN this weekend.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin