Sunday, March 9, 2008

Quiet Sunday


Decided to go for a different walk today. Of course it was later, but that was because of the time change and it wasn't near as windy. Don't know if it really was less windy or just because we were walking in a different area.

Parked at Publix and walked down to Neptune and up to the top of the Turnpike overpass. It is much further then it appears but that is ok because we don't mind walking. On the way back these two merganser ducks were in the canal across the street. Took a couple of shots and decided it would be nice to get closer. Ran across the street (always a sight to see) and they just flew off and I didn't get any more pictures.

Did our shopping at Publix, didn't need much just some salad stuff and milk.

Got home and set about our chores. I also called Tammy to let her know we were home and the tv was all set to be shown off.

I started making the teriyaki pork tenderloin for dinner tonight. If you haven't tried the recipe you are really missing out. This time I made extra teriyaki sauce and that made it even better. Tammy arrived while I was doing this. So she sat in the kitchen and talked to me.

After that we ordered the camcorder for Kim, will probably be here the end of the week. Got everything needed to just start recording. Should be fun.

Tammy stayed and visited for a bit but then she was off and I was back to chores. Wanted to get all the stuff ready to make fried rice this week. So I chopped up peppers, carrots, green onions, water chestnuts, and pea pods. Also cooked bacon for Dan's rice, I keep my vegetarian. Will probably have it either Monday or Tuesday.

Then I went onto DirecTv.com to find out about get an HD receiver for the tv. Well I could do everything right there so I did. The install guy will be coming on Thursday, we have to get a new HD dish, but that is all free, just have to pay for the receiver. Can't wait to get. Guess I will be watching all my tivoed programs before that receiver gets disconnected. It will be going into Chris's room so I could watch in there if I don't get them all watched before Thursday.

Not much else going on here, although Kathi and David have exciting news. They will be spending a vacation in Australia later this year. It all sounds very exciting and I wish we were going to. I know they will have a great time and have lots of stories to share when they get back.

Here's to a quiet Sunday and adjusting to the time change. See you back here tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin