Wednesday, March 12, 2008

How Did Your Day Start?

Better than mine I hope. Walked out of the house, loaded the car, started backing out of the driveway and that is when I heard the crunch and realized Chris had parked in the driveway and not his spot. Nothing serious but it sure shook me up, not the way to start a day.

At least I knew the day had to get better and it always does when I get to see Riley. Up at his usual time, had breakfast and we were off on our walk. Walked by the pond first and no baby ducks. So we headed off to Publix to get some ginger root and soy sauce (can you tell I'm making the teriyaki pork for Andy and Nikki).

Today was nature photography day with a few of Riley thrown in. Riley also decided he was going to practice waving, he waved to the cars, to the trees, to the pavement and anything else that caught his eye.

On the way back we went by the pond again but no baby ducks, wonder where the nest is? We looked and listened but couldn't find anything. Maybe we'll go out again after Riley's nap.

Riley got up from his nap and ate his lunch then we went out duck hunting. We would have had better luck if we were looking for turtles because we saw four of them. They were in the water with just their heads sticking up but we were able to find them Still no baby ducks, maybe mama duck doesn't bring them out until later in the day. Guess Andy and Riley will have to check it out again later. Still made for a nice afternoon walk, would like to do more of those but soon it will be to hot.

Home for me and a night of watching stuff I have tivoed, don't think I will get it all done because I have something like 10 hours left to watch.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin