Friday, February 29, 2008

Two Weeks in a Row


Pictures first: the tree with the berries was in the Wal-Mart parking lot and I hadn't noticed them before and today they were just such a bright red and stood out against the sky we went back and took a picture of them. I love when I catch Riley looking at a book, he was all curled up in the chair looking at the Christmas book.

Last night Andy called and we were talking about sore throats (remember Nikki has one - get better) and I said Nikki had to stay away from me because I didn't need to get whatever is going around. So this morning I wake up, take that first swallow of the day and what do I feel but that first twinge of a sore throat. So I'm just going to push the fluids and hope that it was just because it was cold in the house last night. I'll keep you posted because I know you are all very concerned.

I have decided that Friday mornings are much more relaxed if Riley and I go to Weight Watchers first and then do our errands. We don't have to rush to get out of the house, Riley can take his time eating and even has some time to play. Then we leave at about 0815 and get to WW right as they are opening.

Speaking of WW, I am going for a record, two weeks in a row I have lost big. Definitely not the norm for me but I'm not arguing. This week I was down 2 pounds. That made for a very nice overall lose for February.

Today was warmer than yesterday and is suppose to stay this way for a while. I started the day in jeans and changed into shorts to weigh in and never changed back.

Dan has another day off. He is working on the deck in the pool area. We have all the concrete supports and he is getting them placed and leveled. Now we have to get the wood and we are on our way.

Riley has a stuffy nose and cough so he didn't sleep well today but he was fine while he was up. Today was the day for making a mess, no matter how many times I pick up blocks he turned right around and dumped them out again. There really was no where to walk in the living room. It did make it easier to play with them.

Andy and Nikki arrived home at just about the same time. Nikki got off early because her office had made their quota for the month so they got a paid afternoon off. That was a nice surprise for everyone. It kind of confuses Riley when we are all there on a workday afternoon but he was so happy to see mommy and daddy.

Not much else for the evening, just taking it easy.

Oh, I still have just a tiny bit of a sore feeling in my throat tonight but not bad so I'm still just hoping for the best. We'll see tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin