Sunday, February 24, 2008

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?


The day was pretty uneventful, even if I did get up and Chris was still home. He was suppose to be inventorying the store on 535 by the Wal-Mart. He still made it in plenty of time and was back home by about 1300. Just found out that they have about 7 people there for the inventories and it takes no time at all.

Dan and I went to Publix and all of a sudden everything goes dark, the power went out and the sodium lights they have take forever to come back on, but I heard the sound I wanted to hear the cash register still ringing people up. We were almost all done shopping when this happened.

We are still doing pretty good using our reusable grocery bags, have only forgotten them once. The only place I don't use them is Target because I like their bags, they are a bit bigger and stronger and we only go to Target about once a month.

Came home and set about our chores. Laundry and vacuuming for me, the litter box and water conditioner for Dan.

Spent the rest of the day smelling the pork that was cooking in the crock pot. The recipe is above and if you click on it the picture should be big enough so you can read it.

Mum, Dad, and Tammy came by. Tammy wanted to pick up some scrapbook storage things I had so she could organize her paper at her house. We chatted for a while and Dad tried one of the banana muffins I made.

Andy, Nikki, and Riley came over for dinner and the pulled pork was a hit. Although Riley was more interested in the french fries, strawberries, and cool whip, so that is what he got for dinner. I tried to sneak a cherry tomato in but he figured out it wasn't a strawberry. Can't pull the wool over his eyes.

We watched the golf and don't know when or if the race will start today or not. I'm just tired of them asking all the drivers what they think about the Oscars.

Hope everyone had a good weekend, can't believe this is the last week of February already.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin