Saturday, February 9, 2008

Crested Caracara




We did get to go to the commissary today, I was so glad, hate putting it off to Sunday just makes the weekend seem so short. We were able to go because Chris thought of asking Andy if he could use his car and luckily Andy and Nikki hadn't left for Jacksonville yet.

We were on our way to Patrick by 0700 and can you believe we went to Sonic first for some breakfast. It's been almost two months since we have driven that part of 192 and it has changed so much, it should be finished pretty soon.

On the drive over we saw a crested caracara pecking at a huge pig on the side of the road so I turned around and went back and it was gone. Pulled over and waited a bit thinking maybe it would come back but it didn't. We thought we had missed our chance at getting a picture, because I go nowhere without the camera now. We took note of where the pig was and decided to look for it on the way back. Really didn't need any landmarks because the vultures were circling over it when we came back and seeing that we didn't think we would see the caracara but there he was right on top of the pig. I got out and shot a couple of picture from across the road and then I went to the median strip and the caracara flew up into the tree and that was as close as I could get. Guess I will have to carry the zoom lens with me from now on (when it is in my possession, because you know Tammy and I share it).

The commissary was the commissary, although everyone seemed to be talking on the phone or wanted to get between me and Dan and the cart. Can you believe that is almost $600.00 in groceries in the back of the Honda.

The sailboat were on the Banana River, not sure if it was something special going on or just everyone out sailing today.

Just as we got home Chris called, he had just finished up at the range. Found out the car dealership's service department isn't open on Saturday so Chris won't get his car until Monday, if he is lucky. I told him to just add that to the things happening to me today. When I was putting away groceries I went to pull a tupperware container (which I'm sure weighed 300 pounds) out of the freezer and I dropped it on my toe, I just knew every bone was broken and my shoe was probably filling with blood as I was speaking to him. Then the worst thing, I was filling up my Sonic cup after we went to the exchange, I bought had a diet coke and I stuck my straw through the side of my cup. So his car just made ort 3 bad things for the day and now everything was going to get better.

My foot is feeling much better, no broken bones, no blood, not even sure there will be a bruise in the morning. It is a little sore but not enough to complain about now.

Not much else going on. Did a couple of loads of laundry and then we went to Pinch-A-Penny for chlorine and that is pretty much it for today.

I expect to see some pictures from Mum, Dad, and Tammy from their big adventure today.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin