Sunday, February 17, 2008

New Radio - Finally




First things first. Trying a new recipe for dinner tonight and it is smelling wonderful, can't wait for it to be ready. Here it is:

Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin

1 pound pork tenerloin
1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch

Makes 4 servings

2 slices pork with 2 tablespoons sauce: 4 points

1. Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook, turning frequently, until browned, about 6 minutes.

2. Transfer the pork to a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker. Combine the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, vinegar, brown sugar, and cornstarch in a bowl; pour over the pork. Cover and cook until the pork is fork-tender, 3 - 4 hours on high or 6 - 8 hours on low.

3. Transfer the pork to a cutting board; cut into 8 slices. Serve with the sauce.

I think this would be great with rice or potatoes. We are having potatoes tonight because Dan has been wanting mashed potatoes and I will just pull out some before adding all the good stuff.

We were out and about early, on our way to Wal-Mart and Publix by 0700. Got all our errands done before it was crowded anywhere.

When we got home I worked on the layout for this weeks challenge. Pretty disappointed that this is the last lesson and today was the last e-mail we receive from the class. The challenge this week was a title of "The View from Here" I changed it up a bit and I really liked how it turned out. Good way to document and remember such a happy memory. Now I just have to practice, practice, practice, as with anything. Today I had to refer back to some of the earlier lessons to do what I wanted to do on this layout. I'm sure it will become second nature the more I use the information.

While I was working on that, Dan went out to mow the ditch in front of the house, which he does with a push mower and the next thing I know the riding lawn mower is being started and he mowed the whole lawn. It sure looks good, the backyard especially.

Guess the mower woke Chris up because when I knocked on his door he was up and playing some video game. I asked him if he was even going to come out of his room or was he afraid I would put him to work. Which I would have, he promised he would put in my radio today. I have been having problems with the one in the Honda for months now. It just cuts off the sound, all the displays are still powered up but no music. It would be okay after powering the radio off for awhile. At first it just did it with the radio and I could use the CD player then the CD player started to do the same thing. So he finally replaced it and everything is working again and I can now listen to my XM Radio. I have really missed that.

Tammy and Tom came over to visit, okay they came over so Tammy could get the zoom lens. She, Mum, and Dad are going over to Titusville to the Wildlife Area tomorrow and she wanted the zoom just in case. They are going early hoping to catch the sunrise and the early birds and anything else they may see. Say, a donut shop just before they enter the Wildlife Area.

Now it is time for the Daytona 500 to start so I'm heading to watch that.

1 comment:

Kat said...

We miss our XM Radio here in Hawaii.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin