Thursday, February 28, 2008

Guess Where We Are Going **Edited**






Okay, so it's not until September 2009 but I'm still pretty excited. Get to scratch one more thing off my list of things to do. This one is seeing some Mayan Ruins, got to get my legs in shape to be able to climb to the top and you know I'm going to climb to the top.

It will be quite the crew going. Kim, Dennis, Tommy (I forgot him the first time, sorry Tommy I won't ever forget you again), Sami, Cole, and Breann, Mum and Dad, Tammy and Tom, and Dan and me. Our cabins are all together and we all have balconies. Should have a really good time. No one will ever have to do something alone that's for sure.

This turned out to be a pretty busy day. I was suppose to be waiting for the bug man to come at 0830 but I lucked out because Dan didn't have to work so he got to do the bug man and he does that type of thing so much better than me. He was coming to inspect for flying termites in the attic, luckily we have none but of course they offer a plan to protect against them. It was good that Dan did this because he went up in the attic with the guy and I wouldn't have done that.

Seeing as how I didn't have to do the bug man, I went to pickup Tammy at Gateway Ford. She took Tom's red truck in to get the seat cover replaced. Of course I made her go to the post office, bank, and Sonic. Each place ended up with a story of their own. The post office had half the parking lot closed and people were confused as to where they should go. Then at the bank the drive thru ATM wasn't working so had to go park and use the walk up one. And last by not least is the Sonic story, this is really Tammy's story so you will have to ask her how the Cinna-snacks were.

My whole mission in life today was to see about getting Mum and Dad the military discount on the cruise. We were going to do it one way or another. Called Carnival to talk to my Vacation Planner and found out they don't open until 1100 so we had an hour and a half to kill. That wasn't hard because Tammy had lots of pictures to so me and I helped Dad with some blogger stuff and I looked at his new camera, very nice.

By this time it was 1100, so I called and wouldn't you know it my Vacation Planner wasn't in at that time. So I left a message and we just sat around and talked for a bit. I finally went home and I lasted until 1500 waiting for a call back and didn't get one. Seeing as how I wouldn't be home tomorrow I really wanted to get this figured out today. So I called and talked to the next available Vacation Planner.

She was very friendly and helpful. Dad qualified because he had served more than 2 years and I just had to fax off his info, so that was taken care of. Also got all the reservations tied together so we will be seated together for meals, they might be sorry they did that, after all there will be 12 of us. I told her when we were all done I wished I had more questions and things for her to do because she was so nice and I had enjoyed talking to her.

I also did some research on camcorders for Kim and Tammy, really more for Kim but Tammy is here so I call and ask her the questions. I didn't realize how many types there are and all the different functions and options you can get. I'm getting closer to making a decision about what I think they should get.

Did some research on the Mayan Ruins in three of our port calls, because I only want to do one excursion to the ruins, to many other things to do. We only have 555 days until we leave and I want to make sure that I am prepared!

Just so you know and I remember, it was downright cold today, 49 degrees when we got up and 66 in the house. My hands haven't warmed up yet. Tomorrow is suppose to be more of the same and it will warm up on Saturday. I don't want to wish for warm weather yet, because you know what happens then, it will be up to 80 everyday and I don't want that yet.

Nikki was home from work today, she has the sore throat thing that is going around. Hope she got lots of rest and is feeling better. Andy was stopping on his way home to get her some ice cream so I'm sure that helped.

Dan and Chris were off gallivanting for most of the time that I was at Tammy's and that has got to stop. First it always costs to much because Dan will treat Chris to a meal and that kid still has a hollow leg and they always go to some store that Chris or Dan just have to get something, today it was a staple gun and staples.

Dan and I also got our new passports today. No more having to show where mine was amended to extend the expiration date and getting weird looks when we are overseas and it looks like the passport is expired. Now just open to the same page as everyone else and I'm good until 2018.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tommy will also be on the cruise.

Lauri said...

I will add him to the mix, figured seeing as how he will be 18 next year he wouldn't want to associate with us.

Anonymous said...

We probably won't see him at all:)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin