Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Lunar Eclipse









Here are my shots of the eclipse, they are so much better than last time. I was still learning at I went, took about 180 pictures in all and these were some of the best. I was constantly changing my shutter speed to keep up with the change in the light coming from the moon. Then I was getting disappointed because I wasn't getting the red color in my pictures that I was seeing with my eye. So after some fiddling around it was the white balance that needed to be changed. I took these over the course of about an hour and you wouldn't believe how far the moon moved across the sky. The last picture was my last shot and then the clouds moved in and I don't think we will see anymore of the eclipse tonight. At least I won't because I'm going to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you caught this. It was too cloudy for Pensacola observers. - Enjoyed looking around at your pictures. It's good to see you all again. - I can see why you named the blog what you did. Riley is adorable. My question is, how can they go from so huggable and fun to . . . well . . . 19 and 13??? - Saved you to my favorites so I can try and keep up. Hugs!!! Laurie

Anonymous said...

Good pictures Lori. I can't stay up that late

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin