Monday, August 18, 2008

Who Invented Monday's

Dan had to leave for work early today and I headed out about 15 minutes later to go for my walk. I decided that I wasn't going to carry my camera today, just wanted to enjoy the walk and music on my I-pod.

I walk out the door and what do I see but a perfect picture of a full moon surrounded by wispy clouds just above the tree line in the backyard. I reach into my pocket to get the keys so I can set up the camera on the tripod and get a few shots. I pull out the keys and say to myself, "Self where is the blue key" and that is when I realize I have the key to Andy and Nikki's apartment in my pocket and not the key to our house.

I check all around just to be sure none of the windows are unlocked or maybe the car is unlock and I can use the garage door opener. Nope everything is locked up tighter than a drum. I call Dan, right to voice mail. I call Andy just to see if maybe he had found the house key he lost, no, and he laughed at me. Not very nice. Call Tammy's house just to see if anyone is home, because I think the key they have is at the house and not with anyone. Try Dan again and this time he answers, he is on the turnpike near OBT so he will turn around and head home.

I have nothing better to do so I just walk up and down the road. Dan arrives when I'm at the end of the road where he doesn't drive and he didn't see me. He calls me and I don't answer because I'm listening to the music, so now he is wondering where I could be. I turn around to come back down the road and I get by the house and hear him call to me. So now all is right with the world, well except there is a hurricane coming this way but that is a completely different story and I would rather just ignore the whole thing.

So now I'm in the house ready to start on my chores for the day but not really. So maybe I'll just watch some tv for a bit.

Well at least my day got better from there. Spent a lot of time on the computer. I'm becoming the ringtone expert. I also have been working on digital layouts.

Watched Riley and Kaleigh for about 1.5 hours this afternoon. Didn't see much of Kaleigh, she fell asleep shortly after Nikki left and woke up just as Andy was getting home. Riley and I spent the afternoon playing and watching the rain. He likes to go out on the porch and feel the rain, we really felt it today because the wind was blowing right at us.

Dan got home a bit after me and he set about getting the yard wind proofed. Didn't take to long but at least now nothing will be blowing around that shouldn't be.

1 comment:

Jeffrey said...

I'm very happy we don't get hurricanes or tropical storms on a regular basis.
Good luck getting through this one.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin