Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What Do You Do on Your Birthday?

Well in our house the Birthday Boy (at least in this case) gets to decide and Dan wanted to go shooting. It had been a long time since the last time he went so it sounded like the thing to do. We got to Shoot Straight just before it opened and as always a line formed at the door. They are always busy.

Dan looked around for a while, he is always on the lookout for a new gun. Then he signed into the range and I took up my place at the window behind him. There were four guys a couple of lanes down from him and they were pretty scary to watch so I just concentrated on Dan.

This target is when he shot left-handed, right-handed, and both hands, not bad. Can't remember the distance. He spent about an hour shooting and when he came out he looked around the store again just to make sure he hadn't missed anything the first time around.


We headed home after that. We stopped at Taco Bell on the way but it was so busy Dan decided to wait until later to get his birthday meal (we are also going out this weekend so this is just a warm-up meal). He decided he really would rather have Panda Express so I said I would drive him over there (it is his birthday) after I watched the kids this afternoon.

I got to the apartment just as Riley was waking up, it is always so nice when he is excited to see me. Of course this meant it was lunch time and luckily he is easy to please. A peanut butter sandwich and he was happy as you can see from the picture.


I am really not sure why he is giving me this look, but it is definitely one that falls into the category, "If looks could kill" because I think he was shooting lasers at me.



And then we have Miss Cutie, she was a smiley happy girl today. Even when Riley was using her belly as a set of drums or practicing his CPR on her.



So I got home and off we went to Panda Express, just brought it home to eat. Then Andy and Riley came over to wish Dan a Happy Birthday (Chris had called earlier). Kaleigh was still sleeping after our exciting afternoon so she and Nikki stayed home.

I also got some pictures of Nikki and the kids in Jacksonville, will send some out this weekend.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin