Monday, August 11, 2008

It Runs in the Family

How much trouble could this little stacking toy cause, well let me tell you.


Yesterday I was watching tv and the volume wasn't working on the remote so I tried reprogramming the remote. It is a very simple procedure but I couldn't get it to work so I decided to change the batteries and try again. Well this time it worked and the remote was working fine.

Fast forward to this morning after my walk, once again the volume wasn't working and I really had no idea what the problem was. Yes, I tried reprogramming but that didn't solve the problem. So I actually got up out of my chair and used the volume controls on the tv and then the remote worked. About an hour later it wasn't working again.

Well instead of playing around with it I decided I would just do some of the work I wanted to get done on the computer and as I'm walking out of the living room my eye catches the stacking toy and what pops into my mind but digital frame and I knew what the problem was. The toy was blocking the receiver for the remote so the volume wouldn't work but everything else did because those controls are on the DirecTV box under the tv.

The digital frame is what was blocking Mum and Dad's signal quite a while ago and we all had a very big laugh about that. So now it is my turn and everyone can laugh with me. Just proves the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.


Now back to my morning, I was out for my walk at about 0630 and it was pretty nice out. Decided after I took my usual shots of the sunrise, which was beautiful again today, I would walk in the housing area right behind our house.


It is a huge area in there, I hadn't realized just how big it had gotten. There is no more room for it to grow because the golf course pretty much surrounds it. I walked in there for about 45 minutes and didn't get to all the roads but I was ready to head home. So I ended up walking about an hour and a half.

Spent the rest of the day uploading pictures and starting to edit July's pictures. The whole process is going much faster with the new computer.

Also watched the Olympics; women's water polo, US vs China pretty exciting game with lots of action, swimming, mostly heats and some men's beach volleyball. Looking forward to some more tonight.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin