Thursday, August 7, 2008

Commissary Day

Well it was that time again and Tammy was the lucky one who got to go with me to the Commissary. It didn't start out well, we always go in and get all our soda for the month first and today there was no diet coke on the shelf. I went to the register and called for someone to assist us and we waited and we waited some more. So I went looking for someone, the lady in the meat department said she had just seen someone. Lo and behold they were just two aisles down from us and all I can figure is they just ignored the page that a customer needed assistance in aisle 11.

Told him what I wanted and it took so long I thought he just went on break and was never coming back. He finally did and we lucked out because the coke man had just arrived and he had to wait for it to get off the truck. Otherwise I would have gone home empty handed. Plus it was on sale for $2.00 a six-pack.

Checked that out, put it in the car and then we started the actual shopping. Don't know why I even bring Tammy along, after the first two aisles she has disappeared and we pass every now and then. Then when I'm all done shopping I have to go looking for her, okay she was just behind me at this point and all I had to do was turn around. Checked out again and got that all loaded up and we were on our way home.

192 is almost all done, it is only right in front of Tammy's house that isn't four lanes. Can't wait for it to be done.

It must have been my lucky day because when I arrived home Dan was home for the day and he unloaded the car so I could start right in on putting everything away. That is usually a 45 - 60 minute job and I'm always so glad when it is all done.

Nothing else exciting for the day. Dan mowed the yard, another weekend chore done and out of the way.

Should have some pictures of the kids tomorrow, I will be with them for part of the day. Forgot to mention that Nikki got two B's in her classes. One of her classes was a lab and that is part of one of the grades. Pretty outstanding if you ask me.

3 comments:

Kat said...

I want to live someplace again where I can get the six-pack of bottles. I pay anywhere from $1.16 a bottle to $1.89 a bottle. Help!!!!

Congrats to Nikki!!!! Great job.

Lauri said...

I feel your pain, I have decided that I don't want to live without diet coke and like you I only drink it in bottles. Wish I could send you a whole truck load.

Anonymous said...

I would not take that kid anyplace.

dad

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin