Tuesday, April 21, 2009

GPS

Edited to add:

I was just a tad bit quick on the blogging tonight. I was watching Jeopardy when there was a huge explosion in the front yard and all our power went out. Dan went out to investigate, making sure there was no arcing and sparking while I called OUC. Everything for OUC was automated so I answered all the questions and headed out to see what was going on. We found the cause of the problem, a squirrel just out for his nightly run on the power lines had a slight misstep which ended very badly for him. We were pleasantly surprised to see the OUC guy was here in less then 30 minutes and power was back on in about 45. He had to move his truck twice to get the bucket to the right place to replace the fuse.

This isn't what you want to see when looking at the fuse for the transformer. We are very experienced with this because it is what kept us without power for a week after the hurricanes in 2004. We have a fuse between our house and our neighbors and because it only affected the power for two houses it wasn't high priority in their book, didn't matter what our book said.


Well my GPS quit on me again, low batteries. It goes through batteries way to fast so I ordered myself a GPS made for runners/walkers and you wear it like a watch. Should get it tomorrow, can't wait. I did do three miles and I guesstamated my time at 45:55 because that is about what I have been doing lately.

I also watched the kids for a couple of hours today so Andy and Nikki could do a few errands, just easier without the kids sometimes and it gives me a chance to be with them.

Not much else going on around here, just keeping it quiet.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I do most of my walking on the treadmill, but have found a course charted out that is supposed to be 8 miles. Where did you get the GPS? I need to look into that for when I start outside.

Lauri said...

Amazon Garmin 305

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin