Friday, April 17, 2009

Characters In Flight

Upped my miles today, I was going to do it this weekend but the days got all turned around with what we are going to do and I wanted a rest day before doing five miles so I would be at my best. It worked because I did it in 1:15:43, just over a 15 minutes pace.

When I got done I checked my phone and saw that Tammy had called about a million time, or maybe it was 4 times. They wanted to know if I wanted to go with them to Downtown Disney to try out the new helium balloon. I jumped at the chance, Dan and I had just been talking about and I thought I could give it a try and report back to Dan to let him know all about it.

We made a couple of stops along the way because it was still a bit early and we arrived just before they would be opening.


But it turned out that it wasn't going to be our day to go up in the balloon. The winds were to high and the Chief Pilot told me he didn't think they would die down enough today for the balloon to lift off. So we will just have to try another day.

Here is the balloon and the capacity depends on wind speed with 30 being the most that can ride at one time. It takes 2 minutes to ascend, 2 minutes to descend and 5 minutes at 400 feet in the air. I saw pictures online of the view from the top and I can't wait to see.



I spent the afternoon catching up on some tivoed shows and enjoyed the cool breeze that blew through the house.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin