Friday, November 21, 2008

Sunrise to Sunset

Walked out the door this morning to head to the lake front for our walk and decided to take a picture and I had no card in the camera. So back in the house I went to get the card. When I came out this time the owl flew into the big pine tree in the front yard and I wanted to see if I could get a shot of it. But it was still dark enough that I couldn't even find it in the tree.

This is a picture of the sunrise from the driveway, now you see why I usually walk down to the fire station to get these shots. Just a massive web of wires in front of our house.


Then as I was driving down our road I could see the fog rolling in.



I finally did make it to the lake front and pulled into the parking lot right behind Mum, Dad, and Tammy. This is what I caught of the sunrise there.



It was a very nice morning, about 10 degrees warmer this morning. More people were out walking today also.

Found out that next year is the Centennial of Saint Cloud.



After walking I headed to Wal-mart to get the things I needed that weren't available at the commissary yesterday.

Got home and decided it would be a good day to make cookies again, this time for the cookie party next week. I should have read the recipe before I decided to make these cookies and not just look at the picture and think that they looked to good not to make. I had to melt chocolate and stir everything together slowly and by hand. Then I was suppose to form the dough into logs and refrigerate them and slice them up before baking. I decided to just chill the dough and drop it by the teaspoon on the cookie sheet and they turned out just fine. Even passed the taste test when Dan got home. Put all the one I needed for the cookie party in the freezer. Still have a couple more kinds I'm going to make. Maybe this weekend.

When Dan got home we went to the bank and stopped by to visit Andy, Nikki and the kids. Riley went out for a walk with Baappa, his favorite thing to do. I stayed and visited. When the walkers got back it was time for us to head home. Whenever we leave Riley thinks he is going with us and says goodbye to everyone and heads for the door. He is always very disappointed when he doesn't get to come with us.

Here is our sunset tonight.


1 comment:

Kat said...

Beautiful sunset.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin