Thursday, November 20, 2008

Commissary Day

Started with a walk at the lake front and no one was walking but us, it was kind of strange. It wasn't really that cold and there was no wind so it was really good walking weather.

After the walk Tammy and I stopped by Sonic and then headed over to Patrick. We walked in and couldn't believe all the people that were there. It wasn't until I was about 1/2 way through that Tammy came back (she is very speedy when she shops) and said she thought it was all the snow-birds back for the winter and I really think she was right.

This was the longest it has ever taken us at the commissary, I think we were in the store for more than 2.5 hours. I'm glad I was shopping for the rest of November and December so I don't have to go back until the new year.

When we got to Tammy's had to look through every bag because they mixed everything together and we wanted to be sure we got all of Tammy's stuff.

I got home and unloaded and unpacked. I actually unpacked each bag as I brought it in and that worked really well with only me to do it. Got everything put away and gathered up the stuff I bought for Andy and Nikki (I also buy stuff for Chris) and took it over to the apartment. Visited for a bit and then Riley and I played in his blue tunnel, he really liked it when I would get stuck in it.

Then it was home and time to sit down for a bit. By this time it was almost 1530 and it was the first time all day that I got to sit down at the house.

Then I made up my list for the stuff I couldn't get at the commissary that I need before Thanksgiving so I can get it tomorrow.

This being Thursday Dan is in Leesburg and that area and probably won't be home until between 1900 - 2000. He only goes there once a week and there are always a bunch of jobs.

2 comments:

Kat said...

I wonder if some of those people are getting their Thanksgiving stuff.

Lauri said...

I'm sure that was part of it but I have never seen this many people during the week. Plus the last couple of times we were at the commissary there was no one there.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin