Thursday, November 13, 2008

Adventuring We Will Go

Tammy called me at about 0600 and said they weren't going for a walk but were going on an adventure. Before she could say anymore I told her I would go anywhere didn't need to know where. Made plans to be at her house by 0700, wanted to finish up the project I was working on. She did call me back and tell me to bring my camera and a diet coke.

This is what we saw right after crossing 192 and heading to the coast. If you look carefully at the first picture (click on it) you will see a zebra. Bet you didn't know the savannah's of Africa were between Tammy's house and Titusville.




Of course the first stop of the day was Kim's Donuts in Titusville, this is the first time anyone had gone during the week and at this particular time of day all the high school kids were there getting breakfast. But it was worth the wait. We stopped at a picnic area to eat the donuts and enjoy the view of the river.

This is where we spent the rest of our day.


This three mile drive took us about 2.5 hours, there was a lot to see.


Only saw two alligators today and this was the smaller one.



Spiders were the main thing for some reason. We were driving along and I saw this one from the car and asked Tammy to stop.



Just looking out over the marsh.



Our second spider, the web of this one is what caught Dad's and my eye. It was huge and spanned the water along the side of the road. Dad said it was about 18 feet from end to end.



This is the center of the web, kind of hard to see but gives you an idea of just how bit it was.



We saw lots of osprey and this was a lucky shot that I got, just was following him with the camera and he flew overhead.



Our third spider, I think it was the biggest of the day.



Dad and Tammy seeing what was in and over the water.



A big bunch of birds.



The first of two pygmy rattlesnakes. I spotted him as we were walking and didn't know what it was. So I reached over to move the branch and he moved a bit and that was when I figured out it was a snake. All stretched out he was probably 6 - 7" long.



This was the second one and he was a bit bigger then the first.




Had a really great day and the weather was perfect. Had some rain for about 10 minutes and there was always a breeze blowing. We would like to make this a monthly trip to see how everything changes.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Sound like fun!

gardenboy said...

It looks like you had a great time.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin