Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Thanksgiving

Bright and early start to my day. Picked up the pies from Village Inn. We got two peanut butter, two key lime, a french silk, a pecan, and a cherry. Found out that you can order your pies online now and pick them up when you want. That will be very convenient.


Then it was off to Publix for the potato rolls and water rolls and some veggies. I was picking up the turnip and said to myself, "Isn't that interesting they are playing Downtown by Petula Clark on the background music won't Tammy find this funny." She would find it funny because that is her ringtone on my cell phone.

Well I do the rest of my shopping and it takes me a bit longer than usual because I'm still getting use to the layout of the new Publix. Then I'm out in the parking lot loading my groceries into the car and my cell phone rings and it is "Downtown" so I know Tammy is calling but it can't be because she is working. Well come to find out when I heard "Downtown" in the store it was Tammy calling also, she got out of work early and was heading home. We both had a good laugh about that.

Got home and went right to work. Made a pumpkin pie, started laundry, pulled out all the tables and tablecloths, cut up pepperoni, salami, and cheese, filled up the drink refrigerator, made onion dip, and all those little things that need to be done the day before Thanksgiving.

Then Mum, Dad, and Tammy came to visit. Got this picture of the Pilgrim Lion from Mum. Saved me the trip down to the lakefront to get it. Don't like to miss any of the lion's costumes.


Didn't do much this afternoon but watch shows I had Tivoed. Because of the holiday Dan is going to have a late night tonight instead of tomorrow, but he has Friday off and one job on Saturday.

2 comments:

Kat said...

I'm coming to your house just for the pies. I would like a piece of each!

Lauri said...

That's my goal, don't eat much of anything else but I indulge in the pies, I love the pies.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin