Monday, July 21, 2008

Just a Good Day

Everyone was awake when I arrived this morning, so we all sat in the chair and had our morning bottle and cup of milk and watched Blue's Clues. Pretty good way to start the day. Once that was done I put Kaleigh on the couch and Riley in his chair so he could have breakfast, banana and Lucky Charms. While he was eating I was putting some pork in the crockpot for pulled pork for supper. Kaleigh just laid on the couch and looked around until it was time to go for our walk.

Got everyone loaded up and we were out the door at about 0815. Already hot but we had a breeze for parts of the walk and shade on other parts.

Riley had his juice almost gone before we were 15 minutes into the walk.


And Kaleigh just laid back and enjoyed the scenery. Okay so her eyes were closed in the picture but she was awake for some of the walk.


When we got back Riley put his bucket of blocks in the chair and played there for a while. Kaleigh and I sat on the couch, she was on my knees just watching me and gave me the biggest smile and I know it was meant just for me.


When everyone went down for their naps, Skit was sitting on the back of the couch and all of a sudden sprang up and looked like she wanted to go through the window, I had to investigate and this is what I found. The gecko kept her occupied for a long time and must have moved to the other end of the window because Skit followed it.


The kids were still sleeping when Nikki got home but Kaleigh woke up just as I was leaving and I'm sure Riley was right behind her.

I took it pretty easy when I got home, watched some show I had recorded and did some work on the computer.

Dan was home at a decent time and we had breakfast for dinner, one of my favorites.

Almost forgot to put this in, found that Blue Hill, Maine - the birthplace of none other than Andy Gigstead has a Music and Art Festival, click here to learn all about it.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin