Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Can't Pass Up a Sunrise

Another beautiful sunrise today, it changes so fast I see different things from each place I take pictures. This one was from the driveway and I couldn't really see any color yet but I liked the was the moon was in the trees.


This is down the street just before the Fire House at the empty field and I could see more of the horizon.


This is from the parking lot at the apartment, only took me 15 minutes to get here but the brightness of the sky changes so much.


Everyone was up today when I arrived and Riley decided he was going to read to Kaleigh, and it looks like she was enjoying it.


The story must have made her sleepy because the next time I looked, her thumb had made it's way into her mouth and she was snoozing for a few minutes.


We were out for our walk early and it was beautiful out, a breeze and lots of shadows. The sun must be getting into a better position for our walks.

Riley and I entertained Kaleigh until she went down for her nap at about 1030. She was a very smiley girl today and it was so easy to get her to give great big smiles. Then we read lots of books and did some tower building. Then it was time for his nap.

Andy called and asked me to make some noodles for his lunch so they would be ready when he got home. Well there must have been something on the burner or in the drip pan because the next thing I know the smoke detector is going off. Opened the door and fanned the detector and it went off pretty quick and both kids just slept through all the noise. That was our excitement for the day

Got some pretty nasty rain storms with lots of thunder, that scared Riley the first time he heard it but then I told him it was just boom, boom, boom, which is in a book we read. So every time we heard the thunder I would go boom, boom, boom and he would go boom and we would just laugh.

Luckily Andy arrived home in a lull from the rain so I didn't have to get wet. Dan drove in the yard right after me today. That hasn't happened in a really long time.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin