Monday, March 30, 2009

I Get to See the Kids

My walk today was pretty cold, only 49 degrees when I left the house and I don't think it warmed up any, plus it was pretty foggy out also. My pace is staying pretty much the same. Three mile in 47:02, hate to go over the 47 minute mark but it happens.

Off to watch the kids. They had eaten lunch already so we were able to play. If I sat on the floor today (I spend most of my time there) Kaleigh was climbing all over me. She is getting very good with just a one handed hold and just wavering around but no steps yet.

This was the look I got when I asked Riley to smile today.


We had a very good snack today. I brought cucumbers, radishes, and grape tomatoes. I shared the tomatoes, tried to share the others but had no takers. You can see the really enjoyed the tomatoes.



Then it was on to nap time, from the time I first put Kaleigh down to when she finally feel asleep was over an hour. She was very tired but fighting it all the way. She even laid with her head on my shoulder for a long time but didn't want to go in her crib. She finally went down and probably slept for a bit over an hour which is very good for her. Riley didn't want to nap either but as soon as he laid down he was out, this took about a half hour. During that time he got upset with me because I was making him nap and he told me to "Go!" Then he wanted me to come back. Then he fell asleep.

By the time they woke up it was just about dinner time. Made some mac and cheese and Kaleigh ate right away but Riley wasn't hungry for about an hour but when he did sit down he ate a huge bowl full.

This is Kaleigh in a new set of jammies, looking pretty cute.


This was the sunset on the way home. One of the good things about driving at this time of day.

3 comments:

Kat said...

I would have had some cucumber and radishes with you. Love those along with the grape tomatoes.

mcw said...

49 degrees sounds like a heat wave. Three miles in 47 minutes is a pretty good pace. Pam and I are working towards running a 5K this summer.

Lauri said...

Gave up running when I retired from the Navy. Looking to do the 1/2 marathon next year in about 3 1/2 hours maybe a bit less. I shooting for a couple of 10K's this summer to build up endurance and a bit of speed.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin