Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Lakefront

Dan was off today but he is really going to be busy the rest of the week. No one wanted to schedule jobs for today so now he has loads of jobs for W-TH-F. Plus he was really busy around the house all day.

We started our day with a walk at the lakefront. Lots of birds today and none of them wanted to make it easy for me to get a picture. Because we were walking into the sun first any picture I wanted to take and have come out I would have to walk past the bird and turn around to snap the shot. Well none of them were having that and would fly as soon as we got near them. Still got some pretty good pictures.

I really wanted to get this one but he was so afraid I would steal his fish he flew away squawking the whole way. I did get this shot before he flew that at least shows the fish, it was a good sized one for this bird.


We walked to the center parking lot and then out to the end of the dock. It was getting pretty hot and was nice to turn around and have the sun at our backs.

You can see how much better the pictures turned out walking this way.


Stopped by Wal-Mart to get some potting soil, this is what kept Dan busy all day, working on repotting, weeding, and watering the plants.

I spent about two hours updating the checkbook on the computer and balancing it. This is what I get when I don't do it for two months. I always swear I won't let it go this long again and before you know it two months are gone again and I'm kicking myself.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin