Wednesday, April 30, 2008

It's Official

Andy just called me and let me know it's official; Kaleigh will be born on May 15 at about 5 PM. Nikki has to be at the hospital at 1430 and the c-section is suppose to start at about 1630 so anytime after that will be the time. Can't believe they schedule them so late in the day but I guess that is the way it is and we will be there.

Back to our day. Riley and I were moving kind of slow this morning. He wanted to sit in my lap for quite a while and I wasn't going to argue with that. So we sat there for about a half hour and watched Good Morning America. Then it was time for breakfast and after that we headed to the lake front for our walk.

Figured we would miss GG and Jagee and we did but we did see them as we were turning onto Lake Shore and they were turning onto Brown Chapel. The parking lot where we always park only had two empty slots so that proved we were later than normal.

There is something going on at that end of the lake front. There are the silt screens everywhere. Wonder what they are doing?

It started out kind of cool and very breezy. Made it so we couldn't see anything in the pond, so don't know if the gators were there or not. To many ripples to be able to tell. Got to the center parking lot and in drives GG and Jagee, so we talked to them and caught up all the excitement in their lives.

On the way back to the car it started getting warmer and Riley took his coat off and I only ran over it once with the stroller. Stopped at Sonic on the way home.

Riley took a good nap today and this is what greeted me when I went in to get him after his nap. Wish I could say that this was bed head but it is the way his hair looked all day. I brushed it and tried to get it lay down but it was just going to do it's own thing today. How can you not love this face?

Ate lunch and Riley really wanted to go out for another walk, so I gave in and said we could go for a short one. But it ended up being longer then I thought it would be, because it was really nice outside. This was our view as we walked next to the pond toward the office.


Riley was kind of disappointed when we just walked by the playground and didn't stop. Dan has been spoiling him by taking him to the park whenever he stops by.

Got back to the apartment and Riley kept pointing to something up on the bar and the only thing I could see were the nail clippers. So I set him on my lap facing me and we cut his nails. I would do a couple and they he would try to make the clippers work and I would do a couple more. Finally got them all cut but it took about 15 minutes. There was no fighting or pulling away so this seemed to work pretty good. Don't know if it will next time but I'll have to give it a try.

Spent most of the evening doing just one lesson of the digital class. I have got to get my new computer that will have some storage space, memory, and speed. Should be ordering it in the next couple of weeks. Can't wait.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin