Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Little Green Heron

When we went out for our walk this morning Riley just had to take a blanket. He really wanted to take the big Winnie-the-Pooh one from Kim but I convinced him to go with one of his smaller ones otherwise there wouldn't have been enough room in the stroller.

We were walking around the apartment complex when we happened upon this bird. Just singing away minding his own business when along came another bird to chase him away and take over the hight spot in the tree. I just happened to catch this shot.





























Andy has been describing this bird to me wanting to know what it is and this is the first time I've seen it. I knew that this was a Little Green Heron . Pretty interesting how it can pull it's neck right down into it's body or stretch it out really long.

We also walked to Walgreens and found the Cherry M & M's that Dan likes and they were on sale.

Riley has always been a dancer but today I saw a new one when the Geico commercial with the dancing caveman came on. His hands went up over his head, a dip of the knees and a swivel of the hips. I started laughing, Riley laughed and he did it again. Will have to get the camera out that does video and try to catch him doing this dance. It was to cute.

Another day going down late for his nap. It was almost noon but he was out like a light. Slept until just before three and wasn't to interested in his lunch. I'm sure he will eat sometime.

Dan's medium day turned into not getting home until almost 1800. Just one of those days that everything took longer they it should have.

2 comments:

Kat said...

David loves the cherry M&Ms.

Lauri said...

I had found a small package for Dan's Easter Basket and then didn't see them again until the trip to WalGreens and it was the big bag. I'm sure they won't be around much longer.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin