Saturday, April 19, 2008

Three Gator Day

For some reason we didn't think we would see much at the lake front today, we were a little later than usual and there seemed to be more people walking today. We were wrong. Didn't see any sandhill cranes but hit the jackpot on alligators. This was the first one of the day.

Second one and much smaller then the ones we have been seeing so maybe he is the new one in the bunch.

The third on was to quick and disappeared before I got the camera up to take a picture. I was getting spoiled because the other two let us get really close before they swam away.

Saw this mama duck with two babies, wonder if it is the same one that dad saw last week. Because if it is, it sure doesn't pay to be a baby duck around here. There were eight or nine babies with that mama.

Now we need the bird experts that are out there, what kind of bird is this. If you know, leave a comment.

After all that excitement we were off on errands. First stop was Sonic, we were both thirsty and Dan hadn't had breakfast yet so he got something to eat also. Then it was off to BJ's, we went through BVL and hit every single light on the way.

Last stop of the day was Publix. Mostly needed salad supplies and lots of things were on sale, buy one, get one free and you can't beat those prices.

Got home and I have been on the computer ever since. Andy called to find out where my blog entry was and I told him I had to finish up this weeks lesson in my digital class. I finished the first page and will go on to the second page when I finish here.

I also finished up this page on our trip to Atlanta, I like the way it turned out. Lots of picture on a two page layout.

Back to the old grindstone. I'm on a roll with the pages I'm working on now and don't want to lose the momentum. Hopefully you will be seeing it tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its a Loggerhead Shrike...duh

Lauri said...

You are always such a wealth of knowledge, what would I do without you.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin