Saturday, April 5, 2008

Picture, Pictures and More Pictures

Gatorland was on the agenda for today. First we were going to the car wash and detailing place, Buff It on John Young to drop off Nikki's car to get the back seat cleaned.

We got to Gatorland just after 0900 and there were only a few people there. It is kind of strange with the new layout since the fire. The Gift Shop is in the building that use to have the baby gators in the tanks. You enter down by the Swamp Walk. So of course that is where we headed.


Stopped first to get some drinks and couldn't resist putting Riley in the 4 X 4 to go for a ride. He liked it much better when it wasn't moving. Then it was on to the swamp walk. It has grown back and we didn't see anything on the walk, it wasn't until the very end that we even saw a bird.

Little did we know that excitement was just around the corner. But first we came to a few of the nesting birds in the Breeding Marsh. This one was sitting there and decided it was time to get up and check on her eggs, sure were a pretty blue-green color.

Just a couple more of the birds hanging around.


This is when the excitement started. You would not believe the noise the gators were making. They would puff themselves up, lift their head and chest out of the water and make a noise that I really can't describe except it vibrated everything. Wish we had something to record it with.


The puff ball at the bottom of this photo is a baby bird.

This is one of the best times to go to Gatorland. Love to see all the birds nesting.

This is at the Nile Crocodiles, and this is Riley's "I'm finding all of this very fascinating and trying to drink it all in, face".

They let me go and I can run. I ran by him and got in front of him so I could get some pictures of his face instead of him just running away from me. But he caught up to me very quickly and was much to close to take pictures in no time.

This is a Cuban Croc and was just kind of hanging out on top of the rock.

Feeding the goats, Riley was really getting into it.


We spent about 2 hours at Gatorland and it was starting to get hot and lots of people were arriving so it was time for us to leave. Stopped by Target and got a snack at the snack bar and then walked around for a bit.

Then it was back to pick up the car and they did a pretty good job getting the stain out of the seat. We were off the Kohl's because I wanted to pick up a couple more of the scrapbooks they had on sale, I got two really nice for about $8.00 less then what one would have cost me at Michael's.

By this time we were all getting tired so it was home for us. Riley was riding with us because they had taken his car seat out of Nikki's car to make it easier to get cleaned. So stopped at the apartment first and we went on to Dairy Queen. I want to know why everyone was at DQ on a Saturday afternoon. No tables were available, so we ordered and ate in the car.

Once we got home I worked on the second digital layout for this week. This all came out of my head and it took a long time for it to make it's way out. I have a hard time figuring out what supplies to use. With paper scrapbooking I just go into my room and pull stuff out and see if it matches and it is all very easy for me. Hopefully the digital will get easier because I really enjoying doing it.

Well this is what I came up with:

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin