Thursday, May 1, 2008

I'm Beginning to Hate My Days Off!

Turned into a very busy day and not much got crossed of my to do list. Dan scheduled Thursday as a day off and we got a bunch of our weekend chores done today.

Decided we would head over to Patrick to go to the Commissary. There were a couple of things we had to do before heading over that way. Went to the bank, WalMart to recharge our gift card so we could get gas. Never thought I would be excited about the gas only costing $3.48 a gallon, pretty sad. Breakfast at Sonic and then we were on our way.

The road out by Tammy's has really changed and I'm glad that Mum and Dad warned me that it was kind of strange and to watch out because there had been a couple of serious accidents since the change in traffic flow. Everything is so different because you drive on the new road and can't even see the old road in some places. Well we made it through with no problems and coming back we turn off just after Harmony and take Hickory Tree back to our house so we didn't have to drive on the new part of the road again today.

Shopping at the Commissary wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, what with today being payday. But there were some inconsiderate people who just can't seem to keep their cart on their side of the aisle or have to park right in the middle of the aisle. Lots of registers open so we didn't even have to wait and we had one of the best baggers today. Never got behind with the bagging and was done before I had finished paying and getting my change.

Nothing exciting on the drive back but it seemed to go quicker then usual. Got home and Chris was just leaving for work, don't know when I will see him again.

Got everything unloaded and put away. That usually takes anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour, it has to be one of my least favorite chores, right up there with dusting. At least I only have to do it once a month. Kind of like dusting.

Next stop was IKEA, it is so nice that it is an easy trip for us. Hop on the turnpike get off at I-4, next exit and we are there. We knew exactly what we were going for so we were pretty much in and out. Got mostly storage containers and a couple of terracotta pots. We did go back in because we had to get a snack. Dan can't go to IKEA without getting the hot dog combo for $2.50. Makes for a cheap lunch.

On the way home stopped by Ritz Cameras on Sand Lake, had to get a couple of filters. Then decided to go to the Borders that is right there. Haven't been to book store in ages. Can't wait until the one opens in the Loop.

Finally on our way home. Once we got there I went to work on my digital layout and finally finished it. Really like the way it turned out and learned lots of new things and remembered how to do lots of old things. Means some of the stuff has sunk in. Here is the layout:

Andy and Riley stopped by to pick up the stuff I got at the Commissary for them. They visited for a bit. Riley cold seems to be a little worse so hopeful it is running it's course.

I really need a day off where I don't do anything. But as Dan says, "You can sleep when you are dead."

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin