Monday, May 12, 2008

Life's Been Good to Me So Far

Don't know how I got so lucky, I always knew I was a member of a pretty special family. Then Riley came along and I thought how could it get any better than this. Then I met Kaleigh and found out that life just gets better and better and I can't wait for what is around the next corner.

For now let's get back to what went on today. Started as a pretty normal day, headed over to take care of Riley for the morning. It was a little confusing because it was Andy and Jason who were at the apartment with Riley. They left shortly after I arrived for the hospital and Riley and I got on with our day.

Went out for our walk and I forgot to take Riley's snack. After about five minutes he turns and looks at me and it ready for his piece of waffle and I have nothing to give him. I just keep talking trying to keep his mind off of the waffle. It wasn't working so I tried giving him my keys and that worked for a while but he was getting upset again and luckily we were on the backside of his building by this time so we just went back to the apartment and I got the snack. It was right there on the counter just waiting to be eaten. With Riley happy we continued our walk. It was a nice day for a walk, still cool and a nice breeze blowing.


After the walk spent the rest of the morning playing. About a half hour after he went down for his nap Jeannie and Jason got back from the hospital and it was my turn to go visit.

When I got there Andy and Nikki were in the NICU, so I went down there just to let them know I had arrived. Andy came back to the room in a few minutes and I got to go to see Kaleigh. When I arrived she was eating and doing a good job. When she finished up Nikki held her for a while and then I asked the nurse if I could hold her and lucky me I could. So I held her for about 10 - 15 minutes and it was back to Nikki for a bit. When it got to be about 1315 we put her back in her bed and went back to the room so Nikki could have lunch.


So I am pretty prejudiced but I think she is beautiful. So far she has been a very content baby, hope it continues.

Back at the room took it easy. Nikki verified the birth certificate and got the official copy. Another plus for Osceola Regional. Filled out the paperwork in the morning, verified just after lunch and by 1530 had the copy in our hands. SSN also taken care and should be arriving in about 6 weeks.

At about 1445 Andy and I went down to see Kaleigh because it was time to eat and Andy was going to give it a try and I was going to say goodbye for the day. When we got there she was having her diaper changed and was just as alert as could be. Her eyes were wide open but it is so dark in the NICU that I couldn't tell what color they were.

I said goodbye and went back to the room to let Nikki know how alert she was and to walk to the NICU with her and I went back to the room and waited for the birth certificate in case any body needed to sign anything.

I headed home at about 1530. Got my last update from Andy at about 1845. Nikki had feed Kaleigh for this feeding and she ate quite a bit. They were able to lower her glucose dip again because her blood sugar level went up again. All of this was great news.

I will be heading over to visit in the morning and taking care of Riley in the afternoon.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin