Friday, May 23, 2008

The Day Started Out So Well



Even though we were moving slow and didn't get out of the house until about 0815, it was no big deal. We just went to Weight Watcher's first, a very good weigh-in down 2.8 pounds, love weeks like this. Didn't do anything different everything just comes together and works in my favor.

Our next stop was the Post Office and this is where it started going downhill. We waited in line for 32 minutes (yes I kept track because I was only about the sixth person in line). Riley got fussier than I have ever seen him, and then we found out they didn't have the stamps that I wanted. Very disappointing and frustrating.

On to WalMart. Riley's mood did not improve at all and I was glad to get out of there because it was hard work keeping him entertained. End of bad day things get better again.

When we got back to the apartment who should be in the front yard walking through the flower garden but Ugly and Mohawk the ducks. We have never seen them away from the pond. Guess they were just out exploring and wondering where we have been lately.


Got everything unloaded and put away. Called Chris to see if by some lucky chance FEDEX had delivered the computer. They hadn't, so Riley and I loaded up and headed to the house. Riley fell asleep on the drive and I was hoping I could get him into the house and down in the port-a-crib for his nap. I had set up the crib this morning just in case. We were doing fine, got him unbuckled, blankie all wrapped around him and then I turned around and he could see where we were and got so excited calling for Grampa and we had to check the whole house only find Chris before he would give up on the Grampa thing. Chris may not have been Grampa but he was still happy to see him.

I did luck out because he went right down in the crib after the search and fell asleep in a few minutes.

Dan called at about 1230 and he was on his way home but it would be about an hour before he would arrive. In that time Riley woke up but no FEDEX man.


So when Dan got home he and Riley played for a while and then it was time to head to the apartment.

Riley decided he really didn't want his lunch of pizza but fruit cocktail would be a good substitute. I swear if you let him, Riley would eat fruit until his belly burst.

When I got home we had received all sorts of packages. Dan's binoculars, my pictures and Hallmark Christmas ornaments and the computer. I'm going to have a busy weekend.

Took the birth announcements over to Andy and Nikki. Then we all went to Dairy Queen for a treat. Kaleigh's first time and she didn't get to taste anything.

Home of us and a quiet evening.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin