Sunday, January 20, 2008

Getting Ready for Some Football



Pretty exciting day around the Gigstead house. First Mum and Dad came to visit and just as they were leaving Tammy called. She was laughing when I answered the phone so of course I had to ask what was going on. Seems she had tried to call me but the phone was busy but then she realized she had actually dialed her own number and it was her phone that was busy. So we had a good laugh about that.

She was really calling to see if I could help her with a baby shower invitation for one of the girls at work. Of course I could so over she came. We made a couple of different ones but I think our favorite was one we put a very cute train on. Then we took a tour of my craft room just to see what was new. About the only thing was the mini scrapbook I did of our stay at Disney in Dec.

After Tammy left got back to my chores. Chopped up veggies for fried rice, made some baked potatoes, cooked some chicken chunks and bacon so we have a few dinners for next week. Makes it much easier during the week if I don't have to think about what's for dinner.

I was also uploading pictures to Ofoto and for some reason it was giving problems and it took most of the afternoon to do 21 pictures.

Dan and Chris were very busy out in the garage customizing a gun safe. It looked really good when they were done. Chris also got some more of his stuff up into the attic.

Then it was time for football. The Patriots and Chargers were the first game and I was having a problem watching because it seemed like way to many commercials. I would get up come back, have missed a couple of plays and they were ready to go to commercials again. Finally 1/2 way through the 3rd quarter I got in sync and started seeing the game and not the commercials. It turned out well for me, Pats won 21 - 12.

Don't envy the Packers and Giants tonight. I think it's cold here and can't imagine the weather they will be playing in, in Green Bay. It has been to long since I've been in weather like that and I want to keep it that way. I will be missing some of the game because the Amazing Race finale is on tonight and this has been my favorite season so I'm looking forward to see who will win.

It has been chilly around here today. We started today with the temperature in the house at 73 degrees, well it dropped down to 70 by noon and that is where it has stayed all day. The temp out side right now (1822) is 44 degrees. It is going to be another cold one tonight, better put another blanket on the bed.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin