Saturday, January 12, 2008

Even Saturday's are Busy




There is no rest for the weary. We were up and out of the house by 0645 to do our Saturday errands. As you can see the sunrise was pretty spectacular. Pulled into the fire station parking to get that shot. When we got to Wal Mart the seagulls were still there, I think there were more today than yesterday. It reminded me of the bats at Carlsbad Caverns.

Did our shopping at Wal Mart and for having just one thing on my list to get there we came out with lots of stuff. Breakfast was at Sonic and then Publix where we bought a couple more of the reusable grocery bags. When the baggers pack those bags they really fill them up.

Once we were home I was on the computer. It is my weekend to get all my pictures uploaded so I can make an order. I need to get Christmas and photos for my 2007 Year in Review and then just miscellaneous pictures. Still working on that. Also need to get stuff off the computer because the hard drive is getting full again, how does so much junk end up on there? The craft room is an ongoing project and I got more of that straightened up.

By this time it was 1400 and all I had stopped for was a quick sandwich for lunch. Andy, Nikki and Riley stopped by and we watched Riley for a couple of hours. We continued with our work after Riley had a grilled cheese sandwich, see I told you that is all he ever eats over here. Watered the plants by the pool or at least the ones that are still alive. I would like to blame the cold snap for the ones that died but it is more likely lack of water.

Then I had a great idea of going to Dairy Queen for ice cream. Dan got a blizzard, I got a dish of vanilla ice cream and Riley got a plain cone which I filled with ice cream. He ate it all by himself and only got it on his face and hands. When it got down to about 1/2 inch of cone left it all went in his mouth and he had chipmunk cheeks for a couple of minutes. I think he really enjoyed it, I know we enjoyed watching him.

We got home and Andy and Nikki arrived just after us.

So now the house is quiet again and we are going to spend the evening watching football.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin