Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Beautiful Day



Even though I got to leave the house later, Nikki had a Dr's appointment, I was very busy. I colored my hair, talked to Mum and Dad, and ordered mum's new camera, all before 0715 this morning. Mum and Dad are heading up to Jacksonville to be with the kids in the morning. Dennis has to leave bright and early to take the Chief's exam and they are going to be there to get the kids off to school. Here's to a good test score for Dennis, I know what it is like to take the test each year.

My morning didn't slow down. Riley got up at about 0745 and I made him up some cereal and apples. Got him dressed and he was ready to go for our morning walk. Banging on the door and going to the closet where his stroller is kept, so off we went. It was another beautiful morning. Today we ran into one of the barking, yippee dogs, why anyone would want one of these dogs is just beyond me. The ducks were all out swimming so we didn't get to watch them much. But we did take the time to look at the trees, leaves and rocks. We're working on not putting them in our mouths, Riley is doing pretty good with that but I'm still having problems. Maybe in the next couple of weeks I'll be able to control myself.

When we get back from our walk Riley and I usually play for a bit, we have a snack and he goes down for his nap at about 1030 or so. Well, today it didn't happen at all like that. At 0930 he started acting like he does at nap time, so we do a diaper change, turn on the music and cover up with the blanket. He looked like he was going to go right to sleep. I'm sitting in the living room and about 15 minutes later I hear Riley just talking away, like he has had his 3 hour nap but I know he hasn't slept a wink. I get him up and he plays for another 1/2 hour and he is acting like he's ready for his nap again. So we do the whole routine and the same thing happens. This time we play for about an hour and we do it all again. Now I'm wondering if he is even going to nap today, but at 1230 he finally goes down and actually falls asleep.

That was short-lived because the maintenance guy showed up at about 1345 to install the microwave and Riley heard the noise and woke up at about 1400 so we only got about an hour and a half nap.

Guess this guy hasn't installed to many microwaves yet because it took him 2 hours to finish up. He had to call someone to help him lift it into place and that was a 20 minute wait. Sure makes me wish it was Dan installing it because I know it would have been done much quicker. But now it is installed and everyone is happy. Riley spent the whole time sitting on my lap watching the guy do the installation and found it all very fascinating.

Had another great dinner. Pasta with diced tomatoes and grated cheese. Dan cooked tonight because he was home again before me.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin