Monday, January 7, 2008

First Day on the Job



Back to work for me, although it is hard to call this work. Riley and I had a very busy morning. He was up when I got to the apartment, I wasn't expecting that but we figure he is use to getting up when he hears Nikki and that is what he did today.

Breakfast and a bath and we were ready to hit the road and get some errands done. First was the Post Office, had to mail back one of the parts for the dryer that wasn't right and we really didn't need it anyways. Then to the bank and the drive thru to make a deposit.

Our big stop of the day was Wal-Mart and even though I only needed a couple of things we walked the whole store just to be out and about. Today I even remembered to bring one of my shopping bags (the one Kathi gave to me) so I didn't have to use plastic bags. I will be leaving it in the car so we can use it more often. Might even pick up a couple more so we don't have to use plastic bags anywhere we go.

Time to head home and read some books and play with the blocks. Riley climbed into his toy box and spent a long time just playing in there. At about 1100 Riley went down for a nap. Put him in the crib and he just rolled over, shut his eyes and he was asleep.

Guess getting up early makes for a very tired boy, because he slept almost three hours. He was definitely ready for lunch - grilled cheese one of his favorites) and some yogurt. Then we went out for a walk around the apartment complex. It was very nice except all the lawn guys were there and their equipment was very noisy.

I was properly relieved by Andy so the first day back is now officially in the books.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I like your job better than mine!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin