Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Day Started with a Broken ATM...

... and I was the one who broke it. Just trying to get some errands done early this week so I headed out to beat the Loomis truck to the ATM and deposit a check. Got there and already there were three cars ahead of me but they were in and out very quickly. I pulled in and started my transaction, put the card in, did my pin, chose my transaction type, chose the account it would go into. Then it was time to put the check in and things started whirring and little doors started closing and the screen went blank. At first it looked like it was just rebooting but then it was taking longer and longer. The lady behind me finally got out of her car and walked to the first ATM and did her business. I would have left but the machine had my card. Finally it came up with a message of temporarily out of service.

So home I went to call the bank, it was to early to go into the bank and the drive through wasn't open either. Called and got everything all straighten out and I should have a new debit card in 5 - 7 days. Plus she told me I could stop by the bank and they would give me a temporary card. But I decided to just do the drive through and deposit the check and get cash back. Then make sure I have Dan with me this weekend whenever I need to spend money because we can still use his debit card. At first I thought I was going to have to write a check when I went shopping this morning but then I thought of the cash back. I think this year I have only written about 3 checks on this account. But it is now all taken care of and I continued with my day.

Today was my day to do back-ups of everything. Did June and Sept pictures, don't know why June wasn't backed up already but it wasn't and now it is. Also copied all of September's blog entries into a word document and backed that up.

Also got a head start on laundry because we have a very busy weekend coming up.

Then it was time to head over and watch the kids. Kaleigh had just started eating so I relieved Nikki so she could get ready for school. Then Riley decided he wasn't ready for his nap.

Put the Lion King dvd in to watch, trying to get him ready for our trip to Disney. Think he would enjoy the Lion King show at Animal Kingdom.

Even though Riley's eyes are very hard to describe they certainly are beautiful, pretty, handsome, just right for him.


Here he is watching The Lion King, he really likes the songs, even when I sang along.


Kaleigh was a smiley girl, she is just like Riley and smiles with her whole body.


She was enjoying being on her back and playing with the toys. They need to make the music play longer on the one toy. After this she was ready for her nap. She went right down. Unlike someone else.


This is what I found about 15 minutes after I put Riley in for his nap and I started to hear noises so I went to check. Guess he needed some company. I put it all away and he finally went to sleep.


Kaleigh woke up and was ready for her bottle, she drank the whole thing and was falling asleep again so I put her back in bed and didn't hear a peep from her. Andy got home from work and I was giving him the run down and said Kaleigh was sleeping. So he went in to take his shower and what does he find but a wide awake little girl who was just looking around. I had put her down about 45 minutes earlier so I don't know if she slept or not, but she was very quiet.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin