Thursday, January 22, 2009

Happy Kids

This is how we started our day, 28 outside, no wind and 60 degrees inside.


There was frost on the ground, would have liked to have seen some icicles like they showed on tv but we had no dripping water, thank goodness.


A shot down the street checking out the sunrise.


When I went out to go watch the kids at about 0830, the birds were going crazy. It was hard to get a picture of any of them because they were flitting around so much. But here it the cardinal.


Two woodpeckers, didn't know we had two in the neighborhood, usually only see one.


There were also lots of doves, little birds that I'm not sure what they are and I think I saw a scrub jay out of the corner of my eye, but by the time I turned it was gone.

Kaleigh and Riley were in a much better mood today. I always like watching them in the morning because they are well rested and ready to go.



We got all bundled up and headed out for a walk. It really turned out to be quite beautiful and warmed up nicely, at least when we were in the sun.


Of course we walked by the pond and saw all sorts of birds. These are just two transients, but Mohawk, The Twins, and the rest of the ducks were still there.


Kaleigh fell asleep almost as soon as we started moving and slept for the whole walk. Even when Riley had to make sure she was comfy and doing okay.


We were out for about an hour and by the end of the walk, Riley had all his blankets, his hat and his vest off.

We spent the rest of the time Andy was gone playing and having a good time. He got back just in time to make lunch. Got the kids all settled in their chairs and I was off.

I had my camera ready for when I pulled into the yard, because the woodpecker is always there until I open the door and want to take his picture. So I had the windows open and everything ready to shoot a couple of photos. Next time I have to remember to put on the zoom lense and get some closer shots.


This is the 1430 weather report. It felt much warmer outside, probably because of the sun and not much wind.


Now the temperature has dropped down to 52 and we are suppose to be in the low 30's to high 20's again tonight. Not looking good for the citrus and strawberries.

1 comment:

Kat said...

I just can't believe the low temperatures you are having. 28 degrees!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin