Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Baby, It's Cold Outside

The weathermen got this cold snap right, we were at 32 degrees this morning and I never saw it get warmer than 48. It might have but I was watching the kids today and didn't have a thermometer to check when I went to check mail which is what I normally do everyday.

So I just dressed in many layers and headed out at 0530 as is usual for Wednesday mornings and was hoping the car would start. This would be the type of day that it wouldn't but it turned right over and I was on my way to find out that I stayed exactly the same as last week. That always amazes me but it does happen.

Stopped at Wal-Mart on the way home and did some shopping. Got home and washed and cut up all the fruits and vegetables I had bought.

Headed over to watch Riley and Kaleigh at about 1245. Lunch was all done and we got in some play time, then things turned ugly. I thought this would be the only picture I would get of Kaleigh and she was just cranky but she went down for a nap and was a changed child.

Before nap. (Disclaimer: ignore all snotty noses and dirty faces, it seemed to be what we had to work with today.)


After her nap. A smiley happy girl.






During this time Riley and I were having a battle of wills and can you believe that Gramma won. It took about 1.5 hours but he finally went down for a nap. But he only slept 45 minutes and he was ugly, ugly, ugly when he got up. As this picture will attest.


He didn't want me near him, didn't want a snack, nothing on tv was making him happy so I just ignored him for about 20 minutes and then he was fine. I didn't get any other pictures of him because the camera got put away and we were having so much fun playing with the blue tunnel. It kept all three of us amused. I think Kaleigh would have liked to have gone in with him but he would have just run her over. I'll try for some better shots of him tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Can't believe how cold it is there.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin