Friday, May 1, 2009

Getting Stuff Done Before the Weekend

Today was my long walk, when I first started walking I was doing my long walks on Sunday but I have since found that Fridays work much better. Get it done before the weekend and then I don't have to worry about working it in if we decide to do something exciting. Did the five miles in 1:12:04.

The rest of the day was doing payday stuff; getting caught up with the checkbook, setting up all the bills to be paid this month and that kind of thing. Also did a couple of loads of laundry.

When Dan got home we decided to go to BJ's instead of waiting until tomorrow, get one of the weekend chores done before the weekend. Makes the weekend seem longer. So we headed up to Waterford Lakes and did BJ's and Lowe's. There wasn't as much traffic as I thought there would be which was nice.

Almost forgot, I'm all registered for the 2010 Disney's Princess Half Marathon. So it is official and I have to keep walking. Good thing I have found all sorts of races to walk in to keep the motivation going.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I was able to run/walk alone to day after work and did the 3 miles in 37:55. I don't always keep that pace, but I do enjoy throwing in a minute of running here and there. I will register for the half marathon as soon as I can. I am very excited. The 5 of us have registered for the "Any Way You Can 5K" next weekend. I am the only one who will be running. The others are biking it.

Lauri said...

Great time, have you been using your Garmin GPS? I'm sure the kids will enjoy doing the 5K.

Kim said...

I did use the Garmin GPS. I did my long walk this morning. I went to Winn Dixie to park and started at the light. Went one way and came back to go the other way. Did it in 1:17:02. Next week I am just walking slow because I do the 5K on Saturday, which is usually my off day. I am going to drag Dennis out with me, but he can bring his bike.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin