Friday, May 22, 2009

Busier Than I Thought

Had another very early morning today. I was up at 0500 and out of the house by 0600. I volunteered at the Scrapbook Expo out at the Gaylord Palms and I had to be there by 0645. I wasn't sure how long it would take to get there and didn't want to be late. Ended up only taking me about 40 minutes and the Expo personnel were late so I made it there in plenty of time.

I worked in the crop room, collecting tickets and making sure only people with tickets came into the room. So really I was a door guard. I did have a lot of fun and got to talk to lots of really nice people who share one of my favorite hobbies.

I finished up at 1100 and headed home. On the way home ran into an accident on Osceola Parkway just before the Turnpike. It looked pretty bad and I lucked out because I made it through the accident zone just as the emergency vehicles were arriving. The road was probably closed after that.

When I got home Chris was just getting ready to leave for work so I got to talk to him for a bit. Then Andy called to see if I could watch Riley while they took Kaleigh to get some blood work done and go grocery shopping. Kaleigh's blood work was just to check for anemia and to make sure she wasn't eating any lead paint or that kind of stuff, just routine.

Riley and I had lots of fun. His goal for the day was to see how many times he could get me to crawl through his tunnel. He thought it was pretty funny to see me doing this and I'm sure it was quite the sight.


When I started taking pictures today, I couldn't get him to stay in one place until the picture was taken. He kept running to the camera to see himself. When I explained that he had to wait for the camera to click and the flash to go off before he moved we got some much better pictures. But he still had to come over and look at each one as I took it.

Here he is reading his little alphabet books, they are some of his favorites.




Say "Cheese".


After the reading Riley decided we should watch Galaxy Quest and we were sitting on the couch doing this when Andy brought Kaleigh up to the apartment before they went shopping. She was ready for a nap and sleeps so much better in her own room.

So we all sat on the couch for a bit and then it was time for Kaleigh to take her nap and she pretty much went out like a light.

Riley and I played the rest of the afternoon away and then it was time for me to go home.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin