Saturday, May 30, 2009

I'm Back

Haven't really been anywhere but I'm back to blogging. I've been busy but not doing anything really exciting, just everyday life stuff.

Weight Watcher's on Wednesday, still holding my own. As a matter of fact this is the longest I've gone without gaining weight in a very long time. Not loosing much, mainly because I'm not suppose to be loosing so the .2 and .4 in the last two weeks has been just fine with me.

Walking is still going, I have upped one day a week to 4 miles and my long day is now 6 miles and for both of those walks this week my pace was 14:09 a mile. I'm very happy with that. Now if the mosquitoes would go away my walks would be almost enjoyable.

Today we headed out to the Magic Kingdom, we still has one day left on the passes we got on our Christmas visit and they were due to expire in a couple of weeks so it was time to use them.

We picked a perfect day to go to the park, it wasn't really hot, it didn't rain and the crowds were very light. We were only there for about four hours and we went on 6 rides/shows, plus we had lunch.

We took the paddle wheel boat to the Magic Kingdom and while we were waiting all these flowers were calling to me.


Of course I had to take pictures of the castle, this is one of my favorite views.


This is walking up from the Tomorrowland side to behind the castle and we always seem to get here when the sun is reflecting off the roof.

This is also where we got our first people-watching laugh of the day. There was a mom leading the way, a boy about six, crying and the dad bringing up the rear. Well the dad caught up with the boy and with a very British accent said, "You ungrateful little puke." and that is when we went out of ear-shot. This was at about 0930 just after the park opened and I just don't think they were going to have a very good day at Disney.


PhilharMagic was our first stop and we spotted this hidden Mickey in the frame surrounding the stage. We don't intentionally look for hidden Mickey's but we always seem to find one. It isn't hard to do because they are everywhere.


We then did It's a Small World, The Haunted Mansion, lunch at Pecos Bill's, Pirates of the Caribbean, and the Carousel of Progress. When we were walking around Tomorrowland, stopped and watched this show for a bit. The two songs they did were, "These Boots Are Made for Walking" and "Neutron Dance". Quite the combination but we enjoyed it.


Took the back way to Toon Town and got on the train to Main Street. Went out on the upper platform and looked down Main Street, something we hadn't done in a very long time.


Monorail to the Ticket and Transportation Center where Dan and I got our free 5-day all inclusive tickets that Disney is giving to active and retired military this year. We are all set for our August stay at Pop Century now.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Thank goodness. I thought something had happened to your computer or worse yet, you. Love what the dad said to the kid. Great pictures.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin