Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day BBQ

Can't believe it is already time for the annual Memorial Day BBQ at Tammy's. We had a really great time and you can check out the pictures here.

I started the day with a three mile walk. As I was going along minding my business I saw a tow truck pull into the playground parking lot on Pine Tree and he turned around. Didn't really think anything of it until he only went down to Sawgrass Creek and turned around again. He pulled off the road by the water tower and rolled down his window. I thought he was going to ask for directions, but when I got up to him, he just pointed off to my right and there were four deer standing on the bank of the creek enjoying the early morning. If he hadn't pointed them out to me I never would have seen them because of the angle of the creek and by the time I was back at this point they were gone.

Before we knew it, it was time to head to the BBQ. When we left the house I didn't have much hope for the rain to hold off for us but it was our lucky day and it didn't rain until long after we got home.

We pretty much ate at soon as everyone arrived. It was all delicious, hamburgers, hot dogs, sausages and so many side dishes I couldn't list them all here.

After lunch we presented Kim with her shadowbox that Dad made for her retirement from the Navy. Isn't it beautiful? And the best part was, we surprised her with the box, none of us thought that would be possible, but we did it.


Then it was time to get in the pool and let me tell you that thermometer may have registered 78-80 degrees but it sure felt much colder. Must have been because the sun really wasn't out and it wasn't really hot. We still had a good time and all the kids were having a blast.

After everyone was out of the pool and the pinata had been whacked to death, Chris and Jaime were getting ready to leave and go see the new Star Trek movie. Well they ended up with Tom, Dennis, and Cole going with them.

The rest of the day was spent talking and watching the kids in the pool. Just having a good time.

Again don't forget to go look at all the pictures.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin