Saturday, May 23, 2009

Six Miles

Started my day with a six mile walk (14:18 pace). I had been contemplating doing six miles but when I saw my I-pod was nearly dead, I told myself if it made it for 5 miles I would tack on the extra mile and start my 6 six mile long walks this weekend instead of next. Wouldn't you know it that I-pod hung in there for all six miles.

Dan came out and met me at the end with a nice cold bottle of water and it really hit the spot. I'm going to have to start carrying a bottle with me now that the weather has gotten so warm. I drink a bottle or two before I start walking but that isn't enough now.

We then made out weekend trip to Home Depot and Publix. We never got rained on but got a few sprinkles as we were driving. And we never got any rain at the house until about noon.

Tammy, Kim, Sami, and Breann came to visit for a bit in the afternoon, always nice.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I remembered my ipod this trip down so I don't have to borrow Tom's. He has some good music, but when a song comes on that I don't like, I have to fiddle with it and change the song. It will be nice to have my own music when I do my six miles tomorrow. I hope I don't get rained on again. Tammy and I were soaked this morning and we only walked 2 miles.

Lauri said...

I've lucked out and not had the rain get me yet. Keeping my fingers crossed that is stays this way.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin