Friday, May 8, 2009

Swimming in the Lake

Today we went to the Lake Front to play at the splash pad and check out the lake. Got there and a lot of people were already there and the splash pad wasn't working. There were lots of disappointed kids. So I got my I-pod touch and found the phone number for Parks and Recreation and gave them a call. She told me about the sensor, which I already knew about but I told her I would try again but it still wouldn't come on so I called again and she said she would have someone come look at it. No guarantee when this would happen so we just went down to the beach.


Kaleigh at the playground, while I was trying to find the phone number I needed.


At the beach, she really liked being in the water and had no fear.

Andy and Riley heading out to explore.

Kaleigh doing some exploring of her own.


Checking to make sure we were still there.



Now you may think he is just crawling in the water but in his mind he is swimming.


After about a half hour or so, I happened to look at the splash pad and it was working. So we gathered everything up and headed up there.


As you can see Riley has a problem with keeping his britches up. He has the no butt syndrome, one that I wish I had.


Getting the bucket dumped on him.


Kaleigh sat and crawled and watched the other kids.


Taking a juice break.


By this time we were hungry, had picked up subs at Publix so we got a picnic table and enjoyed our lunch.


After lunch everyone was tired, we have had a very busy week. I dropped the kids off at their apartment and was on my way home.

I went for a swim in the pool this afternoon and read my book out on the deck for a while, think I probably took a bit of a nap too. My eyes got pretty heavy there after a while.

2 comments:

Kim said...

So cute. I love watching everyone play at the splash pad.
Good luck on the 10K tomorrow. The only ones here who will do very well on the 5K are Dennis and the kids. They are all on bikes. I am looking forward to it. I felt so lazy today not doing my workout.

Lauri said...

So did I, I've been doing my five miles on Friday's so I felt like a real slacker. Good luck to you too and hope everyone has some fun.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin