Monday, June 2, 2008

Music, One of Riley's Favorite Things

The morning started out pretty slow and no one was in any hurry. Riley got up and had some milk but didn't have any breakfast for about a half hour or so. Then he had his banana. Played for a bit and then it was time for our walk.

We are going to have to go out earlier or hope to get use to the heat. We started our walk at about 0900 and cut it a bit short because it was so hot out. There was no breeze so that didn't help.

Spent the rest of the morning playing and just doing the normal things. When Riley went down for his nap I read my book (really Kim's book) The Host by Stephenie Meyer. She also wrote The Twilight Series. I wasn't able to finish it during the nap but I did finish it when I got home. Really enjoyed it and hope there will be more books coming to continue the story.

When Riley finally got up he had his lunch and fruit salad for dessert. Publix had lots of good fruit this weekend so I made up a big fruit salad. He was very upset when I wouldn't give him a third helping but he would just keep eating fruit until it was all gone if you let him.

I haven't forgotten about Kaleigh but she pretty much does what all babies do, eat, sleep, and poop and she does them all well. I will admit that I enjoy holding her and just watching her do whatever she is doing. I think she gets cuter everyday. But I think I said that about Riley also.

Riley has been having some pretty cranky afternoons but Andy found a trick to calm him down. Put the headphones on him and play music, he really loves music. Almost as much as fruit.



Got home just after Dan. The well man will be coming on Wednesday to take care of everything and we will have our water back to normal. Although right now it seems to be back to normal just missing the huge tank that should be down in the enclosure.

Just after dinner the rain hit us and we had a downpour for about 30 - 45 minutes, we really needed it and probably could have used a whole lot more. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin