Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Parasailing on Castaway Cay

One of the highlights of our cruise was parasailing. Months ago I asked if anyone wanted to join me and one by one our group increased. We would have had more but by the time they decided to go the 0900 group was full and no one wanted to really go alone. We ended up with Dennis, Cole, Leesha, Sean, Tammy, Andy and me.

The excursion didn't start out very well, the guys running the show were having problems getting the parachute into the air, ended up taking 3 tries and neither of them were very happy and we were getting kind of nervous. Finally everything was right and we were ready to start.

I went first with my new best friend from Nashville. Had to fly tandem and we were the two on the end so we became a team.


Part of the crew, never did get the rest in a picture.


This is me just after take-off.


Up in the air, it was really very peaceful and not as windy as I thought it would be.


Coming in for a landing.


I survived to tell my story and I would do it again in a heartbeat.


Leesha, looking not to sure.


Ready for take-off.


There they go.


Enjoying the flight.


Just after being dipped.


Andy and Cole on their way up.


Spotting sea monsters.




They really got dipped.


Back on the boat.


Tammy and Dennis on their way. Tammy would have liked to have been first, doesn't like to wait but she was sitting in the wrong spot and had to go next to last. She found the anticipation was much worse then the actual event and she will be right next to me when we do it again.




Their dipping.


And back on the boat.

We all really enjoyed this and would do it again if we ever get the chance. Maybe we can convince some of the rest of our group to join us.

2 comments:

mcw said...

That looks like a lot of fun.

Leesha said...

That was so much fun. I never thought it would've been as quiet as it was up there.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin